Friday, December 21, 2012

Happy Christmas

Well, dear readers, it is finally the Christmas holidays. This week has been exceedingly long and exceedingly busy but it is now over and the holidays begin here. I particularly like the Christmas holidays because work closes down and the never-ending flow of emails stills to a trickle because virtually everyone else is off too. I also like the fact that it is possible to sit down in the afternoon and read a book or watch a film without feeling the guilt I would if I did that during the summer holidays when I should be out doing something in the garden. So there are boxed sets a plenty and I know that Santa is calling in via some of my favourite bookshops before visiting in a few days time. He always comes to me via Bokus in Sweden and whatever comes from there is a real treat, feeding my obsessions with the Bernadottes (google it dear readers). I am planning to blog some good old-fashioned observations on some books over the holidays so watch this space. In the meantime, I'd like to wish all of you a very Happy Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment