Saturday, June 15, 2013

I want Bamburgh Castle

I've been down in Newcastle for the last two days at Northumbria University doing my external examining for the Information and Communication Management masters programme.  Now, as you know dear readers, I love my sojourns in Newcastle and this was no exception.  A very agreeable time was had and I was very satisfied with all the courseworks I saw. 

My chums, Ali Pickard and Julie McLeod were away; Ali in the Ukraine (please make your own jokes) and Julie at a conference.  Never mind, Ali is up here for the i3 conference next week and so we'll put the world to rights then.  Three of her Northumbria colleagues are coming to iDocQ next week as well which is excellent.  iDocQ is our Information Science Doctoral Colloquium and is run jointly by the four partners in the ESRC Information Science Doctoral Pathway, Robert Gordon, Edinburgh Napier, Strathclyde and Glasgow universities.  We are very proud of this pathway at RGU as it is the only information science doctoral pathway in the United Kingdom and RGU and Edinburgh Napier are the only two post 1992 universities in any ESRC pathway (and both of them in Information Science).  We're excited about iDocQ and even more excited about i3. 

Trips to Newcastle are always a great pleasure for me, as many of you know.  Not least because it is often a bit of a RGU reunion as Professor Norman Irons, formerly head of our school of Engineering is an external examiner for one of the departments in the same faculty.

On my way back up on Friday I stopped off at Bamburgh Castle as it is a while since I was last there.  I think I want it.  Do you suppose the Watson Armstrongs will sell it to me?? ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment